"David H. Lipman" wrote:

From: "Macca" <Macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

| Every time I start my PC I get a message "b.exe has encounted a problem
and
| needs to close". I have tried finding it and can`t. I am running XP
Home SP2.
| Have installed Windows Defender and it can`t find it. Running Norton`s
System
| Works & Lavasoft ADware no go.Have also run "regedit" but can`t find
any
| program. Can any one help?

Execute MSCONFIG.EXE and go to trhe StartUp tab.
Find the line item that loads B.EXE and disable it themn reoot the PC.

Based upon the path noted to B.EXE found in MSCONFIG.EXE...

Please submit a sample of "B.EXE" to Virus Total --
http://www.virustotal.com/flash/index_en.html
The submission will then be tested against many different AV vendor's
scanners.
That will give you an idea what it is and who recognizes it. In
addition, unless told
otherwise, Virus Total will provide the sample to all participating
vendors.

You can also submit a suspect, one at a time, via the following email
URL...
mailto:scan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=SCAN

When you get the report, please post back the exact results.

http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

.