Re: b.exe

Macca wrote:

Thanks for the reply David.When I run MSCONFIG.EXE I can`t find
anything resembling b.exe. Have found app in c\windows labelled "B'.
Delete it each time any when I restart windows it`s back. Have scaned
in safe mode can`t pickanything up>
Details of notice
"AppName: b.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: b.exe
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 000c4b5b"

1. Do as David suggested and send the file to VirusTotal. For your
convenience, here is the link again:
http://www.virustotal.com/flash/index_en.html

2. Run either Sysclean or Multi-AV. Instructions and links here:
http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#TrendMicros_Sysclean
http://www.ik-cs.com/multi-av.htm - how to use Dave Lipman's Multi-AV
http://www.ik-cs.com/programs/virtools/Multi_AV.exe - Multi-AV download

3. Run HijackThis and post your log to one of the specialized forums
(not here). Links here:

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers

  • Windows Recovery after SP Install
    ... I updated to SP and after I restarted, my computer will not restart Windows. ... went to f8 and tried safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with ... command prompt, Last Known good configuration... ... c:\Windows (tried all caps, first letter cap, all lowercase), I get the path ...
  • Re: Trojan Flush.M
    ... You don't need to know a domain name to boot to safe mode. ... remove this virus. ... I tried to follow the instructions for manual ... however it instructed me to restart windows ...
  • Re: Office 2007 Uninstallation Glitch - BETA 2 -
    ... Start Windows in safe mode. ... Rename or delete the MSMAPI32.DLL file. ... Restart Windows in normal mode and start Outlook. ... However, now after a reboot when I try to spawn an instance of Office 2003 Professional (which it installed parallel to, during the installation of 2k7 beta 2), I get the following error: ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: XP Home - Windows Activation problem after a repair install.
    ... I beat my head against a wall trying to figure this one out but finally ... Boot into safe mode. ... Install Internet Explorer 8. ... restart Windows to normal mode and activation ...
  • Re: Help, No pictures in Pub 2003
    ... || No cause my video card is brand new and all up to date ... If you restart Windows in SAFE mode, do the pictures display properly in ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher)