w32.alcra.f

Hello
my computer is infected with w32.alcra.f virus. I tried the removal process
posted in symantec.com, but it is not working for me because I can not
delete the infected file "outlook.exe".
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.alcra.f.html

I am stuck on step 3. I cannot delete "outlook.exe"...
has anyone had this problem? any suggestions will be appreciated.

  • RE: mydoom
    ... While still in safe mode, delete the infected file manually. ... For more information on the email-based virus W32/Mydoom@MM, ... improve the security in Outlook and other Office programs. ... but it can be obtained by installing the Outlook E-mail ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Would you continue using a HD you disinfected--or do a clean reinstall or Ghost an older
    ... long 12 digit password protected Excel file that stores passwords on ... detection and a consequent state of the HD or OS is apt to overrate -- ... I think I caught the virus from an infected file on a USB HD that I ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: INfected files in VSS
    ... What happened is that the virus wasn't scanned or captured via the hard ... Gavin ... >> If an infected file ends up in System Restore under Windows XP, ... >> Gavin [SBS Consultant] ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: win32.oneraw.AS
    ... | that the infected file is in a zip file. ... | another virus scan. ... FireWall to allow it to download the needed AV vendor related files. ... This will bring up the initial menu of choices and should be executed in Normal Mode. ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Warning: A possible virus has been detected in one of your messages.
    ... A virus or an infected file has been detected in a message: ... If you do not want the antivirus scanning for your emails, ... Please update your virus detection software and clean ...
    (freebsd-isp)