Re: best antivirus

Dont rely on Win Firewall it may block incoming, but tells you nothing about
outgoing. The assumption seems to be anything installed and trying to reach
out is there by design.

"maynard" <maynard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> does anyone know the best antivirus program for integrating with windows?
> Norton just locks my computer down, wouldn't even let me use my ipod
> is windows going to produce an antivirus, I really like their antispyware
> and firewall? if not, what is the best antivirus that anyone's had
success
> with

  • Re: password protection
    ... and cable] and should really consider Windows 2000 / XP. ... sure you're also running antivirus and firewall, ... Internet] to bypass this security. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: keeping ports open
    ... If a port is open, it means that 1) a software or service is running on your ... and 2) you're not using a firewall or your firewall isn't ... Use firewall software and hardware and antivirus software that is ... Follow the instructions for hardening Windows and IIS at ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: been hit by hacker, servudaemon installed
    ... Windows 2000 hardening checklists from www.microsoft.com/technet/security ... use antivirus and a file change checker such as ... where to get a firewall and antivirus program ... Consider installing an antivirus program that is ...
  • Re: message at start up
    ... It sounds like you're not running a firewall, ... You also failed to mention what version of Windows you are using, ... Antivirus programs generally detect some ... Consider installing an antivirus program that is configured to ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: New Server Secure Enough?
    ... > I'm going to run one of my machines as an IIS web server, ... where to get a firewall and antivirus program are all below: ... You can also use the NETSTAT -A command that comes with Windows to look at ...