Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool?

Thoughts and opinions on the Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool please?
Is anyone using it? Are there problems with it?

I run NAV 2006 one full scan a week plus "short" scans every other day,
Ad-Aware SE weekly, and Ewido weekly. Do I need this MS tool as well?

Once it is installed - does it always run or is it a one-shot deal each
month?

Any thoughts or ideas appreciated!

Thanks!
TN

  • Re: Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool?
    ... > Thoughts and opinions on the Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool ... It doesn't install, it runs and deletes itself each month that one is ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool?
    ... >> Thoughts and opinions on the Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool ... Prev by Date: ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: MRT.exe CPU usage problem continues!
    ... I wasn't sure what you meant by "download center" version, ... Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - November 2005 ... Mydoom) and helps to remove any infection found. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • MRT.exe CPU usage problem continues!
    ... state where the mrt.exe uses 90+% while never seeming to end. ... No infection found. ... Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool Finished On Tue Mar 08 ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Recurring Update, No Matter How Many Times I Install
    ... this folder will be automatically deleted after the tool has finished running or after the next restart. ... Windows XP Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - August 2006 ... Thursday, August 17, 2006 Automatic Updates ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)