Re: WINANTIVURUS AND WINFIXER SPYWARE/ADWARE
- From: "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net>
- Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 16:15:35 -0500
From: "Colins Dad" <Colins Dad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
| Websites for WINANTIVIRUS and WINFIXER keep appearing on my computer without
| me even being in Internet Exlorer. There are also pop-ups associated with
| these websites that show up as well. How do I get rid of these and how did
| they get on my PC. Looks like they just started to show up in the past week.
| If I do a system restore back to 11/1/05 (when I know this wasn't an issue),
| will it resolve this? I first tried to delete any references to these from my
| registry, but must not of found everything since WINFIXER still showed up.
| Thank you,
The following will help you remove the WinFixer 2005, its associates and other
Adware-Virtumundo Removal Tool v1.2
Please download, install and update the following software...
Ad-aware SE v1.06
SpyBot Search and Destroy v1.4
After the software is updated, I suggest scanning the system in Safe Mode.
I also suggest downloading, installing and updating BHODemon for any Browser Helper Objects
that may be on the PC.
- Prev by Date: Re: Spyware.Apropos.C Watch for it!
- Next by Date: Re: Security issue with MS Exchange and Windows 2003 Server
- Previous by thread: Spyware.Apropos.C Watch for it!
- Next by thread: Re: WINANTIVURUS AND WINFIXER SPYWARE/ADWARE