Re: WinFixer 2005

From: David H. Lipman (DLipman~nospam~_at_Verizon.Net)
Date: 11/13/05

Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 22:26:17 -0500

From: "Sherri" <someone@microsoft.com>

| If he in fact sends me files to clean the computer, will they be safe to use
| or do I need to fear viruses. Thanks for the info. I have tried everything
| posted here to no avail. I am still battling this nasty thing. I have
| cleaned several computers and have never had this much trouble getting rid
| of something.

You tried SuperAdBlocker ?

I doubt that that downloads form PCBUTTS1 (aka; Aquafina) will be malicious, I don't think
he would stoop that low. He actually wants to help those infected, but he just has no
ethics in doing so.

Download HiJack This. -- http://www.merijn.org/files/hijackthis.zip

Creat a HJT Log and post a log in one of the following forums.

Forums where you can get expert advice for HiJack This! (HJT) logs.
NOTE: Registration is REQUIRED before posting a log
NOTE: Web sites NOT listed in any particular order

http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/security
http://castlecops.com/forum67.html
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24
http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Malware_Removal_HiJackThis_Logs_Go_Here-f37.html
http://gladiator-antivirus.com/forum/index.php?showforum=170
http://forum.iamnotageek.com/f-130.html
http://forums.maddoktor2.com/index.php?showforum=17
http://www.spywarewarrior.com/viewforum.php?f=5
http://forums.spywareinfo.com/index.php?showforum=18
http://forums.techguy.org/f54-s.html
http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showforum=27
http://forums.subratam.org/index.php?showforum=7
http://boards.cexx.org/viewforum.php?f=1
http://www.malwarebytes.biz/forums/index.php?showforum=5

{ borrowed from the alt.privacy.spyware News Group }

http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Codbot.X
    ... What makes you think those are experts in those forums. ... format his system because of a Trojan that hijackthis would have detected. ... It takes a lot of skill and training to properly interpret a HJT log. ... > case with them in a moderators' forum. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: slooow connection
    ... I checked the lan connection, it appears as tho everything is ... Install and run HijackThis. ... Have your HJT log interpreted by experts at one or more of the following ... safer when posting to open forums. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Day Trip to Blackpool
    ... Don't worry, your files are still safe and the ... Dropboxers have been notified. ... Check out our Help Center and forums for ...
    (soc.genealogy.britain)
  • Re: Codbot.X
    ... to do with your skills - you give good advice and seem to know what you ... It takes a lot of skill and training to properly interpret a HJT log. ... If you look at some of the postings on various HJT forums, ...