Re: In Box Outlook Express

From: Peter Foldes (
Date: 11/11/05

Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 19:26:31 -0500

To recover lost emails you might want to try

"sam" <> wrote in message
> Thanks for your response.  I did have Norton on both computers. I did
> download latest definations and ran full scan.  The only files infected shown
> were with adware virus - low threat.  I do not have any common programs
> running on the 2 computers, except for network and e-mail.internet.  Have you
> ever come across this before ?  Is there any likelyhood of recovering lost
> e-mails ?  if so, how ?
> --
> sam
> "Malke" wrote:
>> sam wrote:
>> > All messages in IN Box of Outlook EXpress got automatically deleted,
>> > and now
>> > the IN Box is empty.  This has happened to 2 computers in the office
>> > this week. One computer runs WIndow 2000 and the other one runs
>> > Windows 98. Window 2000 computer cannot now down load any new e-mail,
>> > while it can still
>> > send e-mails.  Windows 98 computer is still able to receive and send
>> > e-mails.
>> >  Is this a virus or ? Wil it be possible to get all the e-mails back
>> >  in to
>> > the In Box ?  Desperatley looking for solutions.
>> The only way to answer if this is a virus is to scan with a current
>> version antivirus using updated definitions. Do you have one installed?
>> If not, why not? If you don't have a full-featured av installed, either
>> use Sysclean and the other malware removal steps from here:
>> or use Dave Lipman's Multi-AV and then follow up with malware removal
>> steps from link above.
>> If you find that both machines are clean - and you should of course have
>> taken down the network while scanning both computers - then examine
>> what else you have running in common on both computers to see if you
>> can narrow down the cause.
>> Malke
>> --
>> Elephant Boy Computers
>> "Don't Panic!"
>> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Windows Mail on 2 computers
    ... An account is a separate email address as far as I understand it, ... of incoming e-mails. ... but that user then doesn't have their mail downloaded to both computers. ... "Steve Cochran" wrote: ...
    ... computers in 1990 and not have any idea what a Commodore computer is. ... As for the word "idiot", you seem desperate for a relevant criticism. ... You don't know how to do math to cover your lies and incompetence ... The ONLY answer you gave to people was to disable AV scanning> e-mails. ...
  • Re: Windows Mail on 2 computers
    ... I have done as Steve suggested and am receiving e-mails ... but that user then doesn't have their mail downloaded to both computers. ...
  • Re: Migration to New Subdomain
    ... > sub-domain into the local admin account on the computers you are> moving. ... > connections back to the root domain still exist. ... > Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewsGroup This ... >> root domain to a new sub level domain. ...
  • Re: Router question
    ... usually receives in the neighborhood of 60-75 e-mails daily? ... server after X days. ... Better to get a 2nd email address for use on one of the computers. ... I have two computers and one cable modem and multi-port router. ...