Re: Microsoft is running a disreputable spyware outfit

From: Charlie Tame (charlie_at_tames.net)
Date: 11/02/05

Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 00:36:19 -0600

Actually GAIM is quite good too, however one has to expect Yahoo and the
others to raise revenue to pay for their "Free" services which do not come
free to them.

I was merely pointing out that the accusation aimed at MS (whether there is
genuine trojan activity or not) is rather silly since the genuine product
does actually warn you that you should expect targeted ads.

Charlie

"SoCalMike" <Mikein562athotmail@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Charlie Tame wrote:
>> If you get ICQ, Yahoo instant messenger or numerous other "Free" things
>> you will find they are paid for by ads,
>
> then use trillian basic.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Microsoft is running a disreputable spyware outfit
    ... others to raise revenue to pay for their "Free" services which do not come ... genuine trojan activity or not) is rather silly since the genuine product ... does actually warn you that you should expect targeted ads. ... > Charlie Tame wrote: ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Microsoft is running a disreputable spyware outfit
    ... Charlie Tame wrote: ... > I was merely pointing out that the accusation aimed at MS (whether there ... > is genuine trojan activity or not) is rather silly since the genuine ... > product does actually warn you that you should expect targeted ads. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Microsoft is running a disreputable spyware outfit
    ... Charlie Tame wrote: ... > I was merely pointing out that the accusation aimed at MS (whether there ... > is genuine trojan activity or not) is rather silly since the genuine ... > product does actually warn you that you should expect targeted ads. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)