Re: I have a Win 2000 Automatic shutdown problem

From: What's in a Name? (
Date: 10/22/05

    Date: 22 Oct 2005 00:18:05 GMT

    "Joshua" on 10/21/2005 in
    <> after much
    thought,came up with this jewel:

    > I am running a WIN2000 PRO OS and everytime I boot up Windows it has
    > the automatic shutdown timer to 1 minute, I can get in with safe
    > mode, but cant with safe mode with network connections. It says this
    > shutdown was initiated by NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM. The system process
    > 'C:\\WINNT\System32\system.exe terminated unexpectedly with a code
    > 128. The system will now shut down and restart.
    > I have checked with most newsgroups and they all say I have the
    > MSBLAST virus, however I cannot find anything in regedit or windows
    > search that says this. My Norton antivirus also cannot find any
    > virus. This all started when I enabled my WiFi connection too, if
    > that helps.

    Try booting into safe-mode and removing the WiFi connection and then
    reboot normally. Perhaps the drivers are corrupted.
    To stop shutdown-start/run type: shutdown -a

    Playing Nice on Usenet:
    My Pages:
    Change to to reply.
    Registered Linux User #393236

    • Re: Shutdown computer (from command line?)
      ... I know about the command prompt "shutdown" command to shut down a PC. ... "It is now safe to turn your PC off". ... I still haven't found out how to get Windows to give the ...
    • Re: Sever 2003 logon issue....
      ... As I said, try the "Safe Mode". ... > When I'm in the blue screen I can press ctrl alt delete and I can see the ... Then I able to shutdown the machine. ... I realized there was an ip confict with another machine ...
    • Shutdown (not) and another other prob
      ... installed AV and a Firewall. ... between a normal shutdown and now, ... I don't have a lot of time to play with this, but did go into Safe Mode ... It also 'sees' that its missing (in device manager) a driver for ...
    • Re: Net traffic monitor
      ... with a series of commands in an Obey file, ... shutdown in a particualr order, then tell me that it was safe to do the ... really was being shutdown first. ...
    • Re: Shutdown Setting
      ... If you can't click this link, paste it in the IE address window and click ... >> Are you getting the "It is Now Safe to Turn Off Your Computer" error ... >> WINDOWS XP SHUTDOWN & RESTART TROUBLESHOOTING ...