Re: Emails from myself

From: David H. Lipman (DLipman~nospam~_at_Verizon.Net)
Date: 09/22/05

Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 08:05:30 -0400

From: "Charlie_Brown" <CharlieBrown@discussions.microsoft.com>

| Some time has passed since I first raised this issue. I took David Lipman's
| advice and ran the Trend micro software and it picked up nothing. I ran it is
| safe and normal modes. I also ran AVG in both safe and normal mode and got
| nothing. I ran both Spybot and Adaware both of which picked up some crud that
| I removed. I also downloaded Spyware Blaster as I seemed to constantly pick
| up crud and want to try a bit of prevention rather than cure. The other
| information re checking the source of the email has gone over my head. I
| tried a few times to sort it out without success. Guess I will just have to
| assume someone is tampering with my email address.

Basically consider that your email address was harvested on a system from someone you
correspond with. Most likley harvested by one of the numerous email worms in the wild. It
then made it look like YOU sent email when you didn't. You are the fist to experience this
and nor will you be the last. { unfortunately }

http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Relevant Pages

  • Re: OT: Holding Good Thoughts...
    ... Be safe. ... This is a very scary storm system and a lot ... And not Erica EEK! ... Francine "It really scared the crap out of me, but I used crud so as ...
    (rec.arts.tv.soaps.abc)
  • Lost user Accounts function
    ... I have lost the 'User Accounts' function in the control panel in both safe ... and normal modes. ... I have been using Ultra wincleaner for housekeeping and had ... I recovered from the sp2 upgrade by using ...
  • Re: Snapes Vow (was: Half Blood Prince Major Letdown)
    ... crud" en Espanol? ... Japanese prisions are so peaceful and safe that indigent people ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)
  • Re: Leaking diesel ???
    ... Used a lot of teflon tape and tightened the crud out of them, ... still leaking. ... What other pipe thread compound would be safe to use?? ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Spybot
    ... I've ran Spybot and Ad-aware in safe and normal modes. ...