Re: Removing "PCtuneup" spyware?

From: cquirke (MVP Windows shell/user) (cquirkenews_at_nospam.mvps.org)
Date: 08/25/05

Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 13:56:14 +0200

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 14:33:17 -0700, "AndyManchesta"

>Im not aware of anything called pctuneup from better internet except the
>uninstaller program mypctuneup which can be downloaded from them to remove
>ABI products. The uninstaller program will not show in Add/Remove as far as I
>know but the message you posted sounds like the part that comes with Aurora

>ABI Network a division of direct revenue will appear with Aurora but you
>will know this is present because you get pop-ups everytime you use the net.

Compare your mileage with claims made by DirectRevenue head hocho in
this interview...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8974223/site/newsweek/

...where he basically says "I'm new here, that's not my dog".

I'd consider PC TuneUp commercial malware and avoid it; using it to
clean up other cm is like using a blow-torch to evaporate away spilled
gasoline. Nice if it works, but mind if I don't try it myself?

   Forget http://cquirke.blogspot.com and check out a
   better one at http://topicdrift.blogspot.com instead!