Re: Removing "PCtuneup" spyware?

From: cquirke (MVP Windows shell/user) (
Date: 08/25/05

Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 13:56:14 +0200

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 14:33:17 -0700, "AndyManchesta"

>Im not aware of anything called pctuneup from better internet except the
>uninstaller program mypctuneup which can be downloaded from them to remove
>ABI products. The uninstaller program will not show in Add/Remove as far as I
>know but the message you posted sounds like the part that comes with Aurora

>ABI Network a division of direct revenue will appear with Aurora but you
>will know this is present because you get pop-ups everytime you use the net.

Compare your mileage with claims made by DirectRevenue head hocho in
this interview...

...where he basically says "I'm new here, that's not my dog".

I'd consider PC TuneUp commercial malware and avoid it; using it to
clean up other cm is like using a blow-torch to evaporate away spilled
gasoline. Nice if it works, but mind if I don't try it myself?

   Forget and check out a
   better one at instead!