Re: Trojan downloader.win32.small.cv

From: David H. Lipman (DLipman~nospam~_at_Verizon.Net)
Date: 08/20/05

Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 13:14:02 -0400

From: "nass" <nass@discussions.microsoft.com>

| Hi
| I did download the Multi_AV.exe,the three of them to be sure, all of them
| Said C:\windows\win386.swp-> << ERROR (-94)>>
| and the F-Secure Anti-Virus is corrupted and some of the profiles also
| corrupted,nontheless only McAfee Scanner
| Spoted the C:\dload.exe\dload.exe Dwonloader programme,but the F-Secure did
| before but can't because I did stuck with low resolution pixles to see the
| whole menu,and Xoftspy did but it was evaluation one???.
|
| I done Scan in both mode ,and now I'm doing scan with spybot which I was
| unable to use while this Horse was on,and now did find 61 back web lite
| during writing this message and fix 59 and the rest on reboot,I don't know
| how I did get it the only time I did use that PC I just got to MS Winupdate
| and the installation of F-Secure which I'll install it again being corrupted
| now.
| Finally thanks for your help
| Nasser

| "nass" wrote: |

Error 94 for Trend Sysclean means it can't open the file for scanning because teh fiel
handle is held open by the OS and this is normal for the Win9x/ME Windows Swap file;
win386.swp.

Xoftspy is a considered a Rogue anti spyware by Spyware Warrior and it should be removed.
http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm#xos_note

There are much better free applications out there such as Ad-aware SE v1.06.

http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Relevant Pages

  • Re: F-Secure Internet Security 2007 deletes my LiveUpdate!
    ... We like using F-Secure Internet Security at our company. ... On our systems we do also have Norton System Works Premier 2005 ... installation) and this lovely installer really DELETED Symantec ... LiveUpdate from my system - I could not believe this! ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: Free antivirus protection??
    ... The F-Secure 6 month trial d/l was a disappointing experience. ... installation, it insisted on removing ... There was no installation of Yahoo Toolbar. ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: Systemwiederherstellung arbeitet fehlerhaft
    ... Die Version von F-Secure war ein Bundle-Paket, die hatte ich quasi "gratis" mit dabei. ... Ich nutze seit 2002 die NIS und hatte damit nie gravierende Probleme. ... nicht mehr in der Liste "verfügbare Laufwerke" unter ... Und das war definitiv vor der Installation dieses F-Mülls nicht der Fall, auch wenn der Support das abstreitet. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.windowsxp.sonstiges)
  • Re: Help with F-Secure AV?
    ... >> Thats worse a solution but works for the moment. ... > Well in my currently installation, F-secure was installed after SP4, ... > switched to AVG, and if I ever figure out how to fix this, or F-Secure ... the order the fsecure related programs were started in msconfig or I ...
    (alt.computer.security)