Re: Security Alert Question

From: David H. Lipman (DLipman~nospam~_at_Verizon.Net)
Date: 08/16/05

Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 12:15:47 -0400

From: "Phyllis" <someone@microsoft.com>

| I don't know if this is the proper newsgroup for this problem but it is
| security related. For the last two days when I open Outlook Express I get
| the following security alert:
|
| Internet Security Warning!
|
| The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that could
| not be verified.
|
| A required certificate is not within its validity period when verifying
| against the current system clock or the timestamp in the original file.
|
| Do you want to continue using the server? Yes No
|
| Why would this suddenly start doing this? When I click yes, it goes ahead
| and downloads my e-mail messages and acts fine, but it makes me wonder if I
| am opening the door to something. Thank you in advance for your help.

Because it can't validate a SSL connection via a Security Certificate.

In the OE email account properties, have you examined the "Security" tab settings ?

Is it attached to a Security Certificate that has expired ?

http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Internet Security Warning....
    ... The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that could ... They sent it to me in text format, rather than as a .cer or .crt file. ...
  • Re: DNS Attacks
    ... The person who had access to copy the security certificate may not be ... the same one that registers the public DNS servers. ... OK, a slight improvement, but it still depends on the bank's security routines, just like the secrecy of the secret key does. ... a bank should have things set up so that copying a secret key would also leave traces. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: SSL Cert error when using Outlook 2007 with Exchange 2007
    ... longer getting prompted for the security warning, however I am now seeing the ... Timestamp:Microsoft Exchange offline address book ... there is a problem with the site's security certificate. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: VPN Client Security
    ... The security certificate is what I am referring to. ... I emailed Microsoft and got the ... > they do indeed have the skills then let them say that I have the skills> so I ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Tweeked Services - now I get a Security Alert
    ... >security alert. ... >site's security certificate. ...