Can not turn on teatimer

From: Ray McCormick ("Ray)
Date: 08/15/05

Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 10:47:08 +0100

I have tried several times to turn on teatimer in Spybot S&D but
without success.

W2kSP4RU1, OE6.1, S&D 1.4. I also have Spyware Blaster 3.4,
Adaware SE Plus 1.06r1 and Trend Micro Internet Security 2005
(all updated).

I have been unable to find anything in Help. My latest try was
Spybot S&D > Tools > Resident > tick the "Teatimer" box (SD
Helper is already ticked) > close > reboot.

When I open Spybot S&D I find that Teatimer is not checked.
Can anyone suggest a resolution?

Ray

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Strange Windows/Norton Error Message
    ... there is a brief icon (with ... enabled teatimer it didn't do it, but it started doing it just today ... spybot found yesterday (it was about a virus disable notification in ... Norton sucks worse that Windows - get rid of it! ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Is it dangerous to disable "TeapotTimer in Spybot?
    ... I've recommended, and we installed, AVG Free, Spybot, and Adaware for protection. ... When she runs and dials-up to get online, her computer takes forever and Task Manager shows Spybot's 'TeaTimer' to be the cpu-hog. ... If it does work, you will lose some protection against infection with spybots, most of which are relatively harmless - they just monitor whether you click on ads, for example. ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • =?iso-8859-1?Q?Re:_Eingeschr=E4nkte_Sites_im_IE6?=
    ... Hast Du den TeaTimer im Hintergrund laufen? ... In Spybot nicht, richtig? ... Keine Ahnung, ich kenne keine Seite. ... die Gewalt zeigen. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.inetexplorer.ie6)
  • Re: about:blank Spyware + SBS2000
    ... This is what has me most worried about these two machines getting ... I will have to try TeaTimer on Spybot as well. ... > SpyBot and Adaware with that one. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Strange Windows/Norton Error Message
    ... there is a brief icon (with ... enabled teatimer it didn't do it, but it started doing it just today ... spybot found yesterday (it was about a virus disable notification in ... Norton has started so you get the warning. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)