Re: Trojan Dropper Agent 8 B Help

From: Bigbruva (Richardh_at_dontusethis.ws)
Date: 08/10/05

    Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 22:55:25 -0700

    Hi Georgie is the infected file CISVC.EXE?

    If so I think this is a false positive I have seen a number of posts on
    other forums referring to this file and AVG. The official line from AVG is
    that the latest update will fix the false positive but according to at least
    one thread on the AVG support forum there does still seem to be a problem:
    This thread explains the issue:
    http://forum.grisoft.cz/freeforum/read.php?4,45340,backpage=,sv=

    If the latest update of AVG does not work for you, I would email the
    suspected file to virus@grisoft.com with a description of your problem so
    they can fix the issue sooner.
    I hope that helps and let us know how you get on.

    BB

    "georgie22" <georgie@silcom.com> wrote in message
    > Thank you for your reply! Yes, I ran AVG in safe mode and it came up
    > clean. I then ran all the other programs (not in safe mode) and they
    > came up clean. I only get the virus detection message when I run
    > sfc/scannow, not a virus scan. I am only running scannow again to see
    > if I get the message, I think it fixed my files the first time.

    • Re: Trojan Dropper Agent 8 B Help
      ... I ran AVG in safe mode and it came up ... I then ran all the other programs (not in safe mode) and they ... came up clean. ... I only get the virus detection message when I run ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)
    • Re: Trojan horse Downloader.Generic.ML
      ... Hi Ron - No, if you've already let A2 clean things, then ... But of course running this and using the HiJackThis ... At www.virustotal.com the AVG was the day's before AVG ... AVG 718 06.14.2005 no virus found ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: Trojan horse Downloader.Generic.ML
      ... Hi Ron - No, if you've already let A2 clean things, then ... But of course running this and using the HiJackThis ... At www.virustotal.com the AVG was the day's before AVG ... AVG 718 06.14.2005 no virus found ...
      (alt.computer.security)
    • Re: OT todays dirty trick
      ... "official' antivirus at work is no longer Norton. ... It would pop up from time to time and destroy something ... So now I have AVG -- it's free and it works great. ... I don't mean clean like not smutty. ...
      (rec.crafts.textiles.quilting)
    • Re: Question about C:Windowssystem32.dll
      ... > without receiving any specific helpful info that would explain it. ... > I run a bi-weekly scan with AVG and the results are always clean. ... All other entries/files say clean or ok. ... > without any computer problem symptoms, I do hope these scans are suitable ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)