Re: Virus help

From: Steve Winograd [MVP] (winograd_at_pobox.com)
Date: 08/08/05

Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 12:51:45 -0600

In article <u7HC8YCnFHA.3448@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>, "Peace"
<spreadtheloce@heaven.com> wrote:
>Hi ... A friend pick up a virus on his computer and she can't boot it up in
>normal or safe mode , What are her options ? TIA
>
>BTW : She does have Notorn anti-virus updated too

Retail boxed packages of Norton Antivirus come with a bootable CD-ROM
that you can use to do virus scanning and removal without having to
start Windows.

--
Best Wishes,
for everyone to see.  I'm sorry, but I don't answer questions

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Virus removed webpages still restricted. Advice please
    ... >I recently had a virus which disabled my virus software and firewall and ... >restricted certain websites. ... Steve Winograd, MS-MVP (Windows Networking) ... Please post any reply as a follow-up message in the news group ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Outlook Express Error message
    ... that you approach the appropriate News Group: ... > with outlook express. ... Error message keeps showing up ... > McAfee Virus scan ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Virus
    ... > After joining this news group I started getting a virus sent to me Its ... > sender)) ... > From this could someone tell me the senders Email Address? ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: Can you run office access on a pocket pc
    ... database created in Access and copied to your PPC. ... You can also post to microsoft.public.pocketpc news group to find out from ... the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: Suspicious email
    ... My question is, how did this email reach my account, with my father's ... It could due be a virus on your father's computer. ... origin -- sending IP address, sending E-mail server, etc. ... Please post any reply as a follow-up message in the news group ...