Javabyte/verify virus, HOW DO I GET RID OF IT? AVG COULDN'T

bigrog_98_at_yahoo.com
Date: 08/05/05

Date: 5 Aug 2005 07:35:05 -0700

Hi.

I am using "WINDOWS ME" operating system.

I am not in the habit of d\l material other than updates to spyware,
Microsoft and AVG.

I caught this virus today after tryiny to listen to an "oldie" tune,
after hearing it on the radio yesterday.

AVG cannot remove it.

What do I do? Should I go out and buy Norton Utilities?

Thanks.

Roger

Relevant Pages

  • RE: svc host message error? what can i do?
    ... > February windows updates? ... You've ruled out virus activity, spyware, malware ... > host prcess' on the microsoft home page search facility)? ... > control panel, click on 'show updates' at the top of this window, and remove ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: spyware & adware
    ... Downloading the latest updates from Microsoft will not remove the spyware. ...
  • Computer Updates:
    ... Microsoft and A- Squard updates but nothing I do seems to work. ... options> connections tab there was nothing there. ... Everything else works fine includinng IE7, Spybot, AVG, Comodo etc. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: A good reason to use FireFox
    ... WGV is like any other spyware. ... Microsoft checking what's on our ... computers. ... I can't get updates and my software came with my ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Windows Start Menu
    ... but on this occasion I wanted to stop AVG and Ad-Aware fighting like two ... buying coverage on something that Microsoft SHOULD address - not third ... When Windows slows down under the load of the malware and the anti- ... Norton's and much more also increasing revenue and profit. ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)