Re: MBlast Symptoms - MBlast not found???

From: Parley D. Kennelly, CPA (
Date: 08/03/05

Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 11:56:48 -0700

"Parley D. Kennelly, CPA" <> wrote in message
> "Robert Moir" <> wrote in message
>> Parley D. Kennelly, CPA wrote:
>>> Rob,
>>> Thanks for your reply.
>>> Yes, I did a complete reinstall of WinXP SP2 and then installed Norton
>>> Antivirus. Then I ran all the updates from Microsoft. I would
>>> consider that a major change in the system.
>>> I am able to do a shutdown -a to stop the restart process. How do I
>>> check the log files to see which process was stopped?
>>> I've run the full system scan with Norton Internet Security 2005 with
>>> current updates and it comes up clean.
>> Malke's advice would be a good place to start before you move onto my
>> ideas below...
>> For the log files, open the start menu, then control panel, performance
>> and maintenance, administrative tools, and lastly double-click event
>> viewer.
>> Inspect the system log, we're looking for processes that fail round about
>> the time of each boot up and/or when the error message appears on screen.
>> Are you using any remote control software such as PC Anywhere? Did the
>> errors not appear until you installed the AntiVirus software? These are
>> examples of the sort of things that have to change the way the OS works,
>> and hence have a chance of causing this kind of problem.
>> --
>> --
>> Rob Moir
>> Website -
>> Virtual PC 2004 FAQ -
>> Kazaa - Software update services for your Viruses and Spyware.
> Thank you both,
> I ran HJT and had it fix a couple of questionable items and items that I
> thought were fine but that I could restore later if I needed to. It seems
> to have worked. If I have any other problems I'll let you know.
> -Parley
Ok, this is strange (to me). I was getting an error message from Norton
Internet Security and googled it, I found others with the same problem.
After a couple of misfires, I think I got it all straightened out. A few
uninstalls and startup configuration changes and I think I've got it fixed.
I was able to use several programs and browse at home last night without any
error messages or hang-ups.

Thanks for your help.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: 54 GB in /var/log!!
    ... from command line, cut down your large log files by locating them... ... I also get an error message saying "missing argument to -exec" ...
  • Re: ActiveSync encountered a problem on the desktop
    ... I have enabled logging and saw the log files, ... same error message. ... Office 2007 Ultimate RTM, WMDC 6.0.6783. ...
  • Re: IIS 5.1 in XP Pro SP2, Cant view ASP web page.
    ... the event log, and that is where you have more information. ... Kenny wrote:> Following are the copied from log files: ... >> The error message you see is a general error message. ...
  • HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable 8004011d-0526-00000000
    ... Service Unavailable error message when I log in with Outlook Web Access, ... log files are as followed: ... The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error: ... or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is down for maintenance. ...