Re: MBlast Symptoms - MBlast not found???

From: Parley D. Kennelly, CPA (parley_at_reissjacksonnot.com)
Date: 08/02/05

Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 07:29:12 -0700

"Robert Moir" <robspamtrap+msnews@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:O%23$QxdslFHA.3256@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Parley D. Kennelly, CPA wrote:
>
>> Rob,
>> Thanks for your reply.
>> Yes, I did a complete reinstall of WinXP SP2 and then installed Norton
>> Antivirus. Then I ran all the updates from Microsoft. I would
>> consider that a major change in the system.
>>
>> I am able to do a shutdown -a to stop the restart process. How do I
>> check the log files to see which process was stopped?
>>
>> I've run the full system scan with Norton Internet Security 2005 with
>> current updates and it comes up clean.
>
> Malke's advice would be a good place to start before you move onto my
> ideas below...
>
> For the log files, open the start menu, then control panel, performance
> and maintenance, administrative tools, and lastly double-click event
> viewer.
>
> Inspect the system log, we're looking for processes that fail round about
> the time of each boot up and/or when the error message appears on screen.
>
> Are you using any remote control software such as PC Anywhere? Did the
> errors not appear until you installed the AntiVirus software? These are
> examples of the sort of things that have to change the way the OS works,
> and hence have a chance of causing this kind of problem.
>
> --
> --
> Rob Moir
> Website - http://www.robertmoir.co.uk
> Virtual PC 2004 FAQ -
> http://www.robertmoir.co.uk/win/VirtualPC2004FAQ.html
> Kazaa - Software update services for your Viruses and Spyware.

Thank you both,

I ran HJT and had it fix a couple of questionable items and items that I
thought were fine but that I could restore later if I needed to. It seems
to have worked. If I have any other problems I'll let you know.

-Parley

Relevant Pages

  • Re: MBlast Symptoms - MBlast not found???
    ... I did a complete reinstall of WinXP SP2 and then installed Norton ... Then I ran all the updates from Microsoft. ... > check the log files to see which process was stopped? ... errors not appear until you installed the AntiVirus software? ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: 2000 Chrysler Concorde LXi - Tests Practical?
    ... On 4/3/2011 12:09 AM, Rob wrote: ... Any idea what that slight hesitation is was the car shifts at very low ... the current operating conditions of the engine and trans. ... ask about the updates, recalls and leave it at that. ...
    (rec.autos.makers.chrysler)
  • Re: Not installing updates anymore
    ... :: updates anywhere and that bothers me. ... :: to install for both windows update and microsoft updates ?im sure ... :: please help if you can Rob in Delaware.. ... And then start a new thread explaining what your problem is, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Not installing updates anymore
    ... more updates anywhere and that bothers me. ... could do to install for both windows update and microsoft updates ... please help if you can Rob in Delaware.. ... Download, install, run, update and perform a full scan with the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Norfolk Police Force.
    ... I have been getting the same with Adobe of late. ... recent updates likes to eat resources ... Rob ...
    (soc.genealogy.britain)