Re: Wierd... McAfee Antivirus' On-Access Scan gets disabled by itself

From: David H. Lipman (DLipman~nospam~_at_Verizon.Net)
Date: 07/18/05

Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 10:32:42 -0400

From: "AK" <danrop1@gmail.com>

| Hi,
|
| I actually managed to figure out what the problem was (well, in a
| manner of speaking :)using Event Viewer > Application in XP's Computer
| Management Console. Every time I attempted to enable On-Access Scan
| resulted in a new entry in the log that looked like:
|
| Event Type: Error
| Event Source: McLogEvent
| Event Category: None
| Event ID: 5022
| Date: 14/07/2005
| Time: 14:04:34
| User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
| Computer: MIND-GAMES
| MCSCAN32 Engine Initialisation failed. Engine returned error : The DAT
| file versions don't match each other.
| ---------
|
| I think the cause may have been incorrect update(?) What do you think?
|
| Anyway, I removed the whole thing and installed version 8.0 instead.
| Works the way its supposed to now.
|
| Thanks a lot for your time and energy!
|
| AK

That's Enterprise VirusScan 8.0i that you are using ?
[ I still prefer the v7.1E which is w/o the IDS. ]

Thanx for updating the thread. In a way, I am glad the problem was with the program and it
was not a virus. ;-)

http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Disc drives cannot be found
    ... Timed out sending notification of device interface change to window of ... > Error report and post a copy here You can access Event Viewer by ... This will paste the info from the Event Viewer Error Report ... >>> Are they visible in Disk Management? ...
  • Re: Installed 2 new hard drives now file copy is very slow
    ... HD Tune does have a Bench Marking feature,. ... You can access Event Viewer by selecting Start, Control Panel, ... Automatic Acoustic Management: yes ... Temperature is high for both drives. ...
  • Re: Shutdown is slow with two Errors
    ... The Application Management service was successfully sent a start control. ... > Is the Windows XP SP2 update installed and are all Critical Updates since? ... > Warning and Error Reports and post copies here. ... > You can access Event Viewer by selecting Start, Administrative Tools, Event ...
  • RE: E2K3 Services Dependencies on SBS
    ... All those dependencies are in place. ... NO error in Event viewer other than 7000 and 7009 errors ... >>for the following two Exchange Services are under SBS? ... >Call and Windows Management Instrumentation. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Windows XP2
    ... Is there an Error Report for the problem in Event Viewer? ... Information Reports or Duplicates please. ... View and Manage Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows XP ... Administrative Tools, Computer Management, Disk Management to find ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)