Re: Windows Anti-Spyware - suppress normal messages?

From: David H. Lipman (DLipman~nospam~_at_Verizon.Net)
Date: 07/13/05

Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 11:56:57 -0400

From: "Nigel Andrews" <nandrews2@yahoo.com>

| I would like to suppress the normal messages, those which say the automatic
| scan found no spyware threats. Even those saying that the Anti-Spyware has
| been automatically updated.
| Obvviously I need to see if it does find a threat.
| I realise that there are command line options for when running a scan
| manually.
|
| In other such products I don't get an alert until there is a problem, which
| is how I like it.
|
| Nigel

The following information comes from this group's valuable contributor - Malke.

- microsoft.private.security.spyware.announcements
 - microsoft.private.security.spyware.appcompat
 - microsoft.private.security.spyware.general
 - microsoft.private.security.spyware.install
 - microsoft.private.security.spyware.networking
 - microsoft.private.security.spyware.signatures
 - microsoft.private.security.spyware.onlinecommunity
 These newsgroups can be accessed via NNTP or HTTP.

 To access these newsgroups using HTTP, please go to the following
location:

http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?ICP=spyware&sLCID=us

To access these newsgroups using NNTP, please use the following
information for your NNTP client (such as Microsoft Outlook Express):

 - NNTP Server: privatenews.microsoft.com
 - Account name: privatenews\spyware
 - Password: spyware

NOTE: No password will be required via the HTTP link

http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm