Re: LONG, LONG time to startup 2

From: Crouchie1998 (crouchie1998_at_spamcop.net)
Date: 05/29/05

    Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 23:24:07 +0100

    I disagree with downloading Ad Aware from Lavasoft as it is proven to
    produce false negatives. Steer clear of it because you have the best one
    installed already.

    All you need to do is either download MSCONFIG & disable some startup items
    or the best way, go into the registry editor & delete the entries manually.

    All you have to do is create a backup copy of the RUN registry key & then
    delete things like ADOBE, QUICKTIME, Messenger Software, RealTray, but leave
    firewall & antivirus software there.

    MSConfig can be downloaded here:

    http://www.techadvice.com/specs/files_dl.asp?fnid=3398288

    All you will have to do is remove the check marks from the RUN keys. You can
    also delete the startup Programs from Spybot S & D by clicking advanced
    mode/Tools/Startup or that's what its is in version 1.4 anyway.

    The Registry Editor Way:

    Click START/RUN type 'regedit' & press ENTER
    Click the '+' signs on:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    Software
    Microsoft
    Windows
    CurrentVersion
    & then click the folder (not the plus) of the RUN key. The startup programs
    are in the right-hand pane

    Of course Dave wants you to go to the IKS website because he has it listed
    as his footer like self promoting his own software.

    Post back if you get into problems

    Crouchie1998
    BA (HONS) MCP MCSE

    • Re: LONG, LONG time to startup 2
      ... when you could simply disable malware in the HKLM Run ... >I disagree with downloading Ad Aware from Lavasoft as it is ... go into the registry editor & delete the ... > also delete the startup Programs from Spybot S & D by ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)
    • Re: LONG, LONG time to startup 2
      ... | I disagree with downloading Ad Aware from Lavasoft as it is proven to ... go into the registry editor & delete the entries manually. ... All anti malware software have False Positives. ... SpyBot S&D is NOT enough. ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)
    • RE: Error code C00D11DA
      ... Just started today after downloading a wma from ... > i have been using MSN music with media player 9 and it was fine. ... >> 2) In the Registry Editor, delete the following subkey in the registry. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)