Re: Virus? - Disable .EXE, .COM, .LNK and group policy.

From: Richard Urban (richardurbanREMOVETHIS_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 05/26/05

    Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 22:34:17 -0400

    There is no need to punish the students as they aren't in most cases
    purposely causing the problems. I am more in th business of preventing the
    problems from ocurring rather than applying punishment afterward.

    Brian,

    You have to enforce good computing habits on the children - by any means.
    Kids click on anything at any time, without thinking of the consequences.

    One of the worst category of web sites around today are the sites where the
    kids download their "ring tones" from. Many of them will infest a computer
    by the act of downloading "free" tones. Your kids do have cell phones -
    right! Nothing is FREE! If you can't modify the children's behavior you are
    in for a rough ride!

    Infected computers MUST be banned from connecting to the school network. If
    they connect the infection WILL likely spread to the other computers on the
    LAN at that time. How you do it is up to you.

    Lots of luck in your constant job of reimaging the machines!

    --
    Regards,
    Richard Urban