Virus Question

From: Peter (Peter_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 05/09/05

Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 15:16:02 -0700

Hi All,

In the last couple of days we have had a few emails come in to our users
titled :

Symantec Email Proxy Deleted Message

These are from exterior sources, and we don't use Symantic AV products here.

Are these just warnings from other companies that have Symantic products in
place responding to our users who may have been spoofed to send viruses to
them?

Cheers!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Symantec Email Proxy Deleted Message
    ... > I have uninstalled and reinstalled Norton AntiVirus 2003. ... I checked msconfig and the status of the Symantec ... Most of the incoming messages are deleted by SYMANTEC EMAIL PROXY. ... I see no other solution but to uninstall Norton Antispam (the latest ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: Virus Question
    ... > Symantec Email Proxy Deleted Message ... modern viruses send messages from forged sender accounts. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Annoying symantec email proxy
    ... My internet connection is a litle bit unstable. ... symantec to tell me that. ... symantec email proxy saying that some of my email cannot go through ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Symantec Email Proxy Deleted Message - Need Patch
    ... users received a message that read "Symantec Email ... Proxy Deleted Message". ... This is what is happening to me, but I cannot locate the patch on Symantec's ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: Symantec Email Proxy Deleted Message - Need Patch
    ... Contact Symantec again and ask them to send it to you. ... users received a message that read "Symantec Email ... > Proxy Deleted Message". ... > began issuing a patch for the problem last week, ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)