Re: What good is virus detection....

From: Jim Macklin (p51mustang[threeX12)
Date: 04/22/05

Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 15:41:45 -0500

Thanks for the heads up, I have added that site to both the
privacy and security (restricted zone) to limit that URL's
access to my computer.

"ZRexRider" <jerryg@ptd.net> wrote in message
|I have always used AVG by Grisoft.  I'm always up to date
with the
| virus database and software version.
|
| Today I was listening to music on Yahoo and I heard some
odd lyrics
| that I stupidly searched for and found on (DO NOT GO
HERE!!)
| www.lyricscafe.com . As soon as I hit the page AVG started
warning
| about trojans and seemed to be trapping them.
|
| I got off the page immediately however, not only did that
simple visit
| infect my PC but AVG and AdAware have been ZERO benefit.
I have
| pop-ups spawning when I open a browser and AVG
continuously complains
| about infections.  It Heals and quarantines them but they
always come
| back.
|
| I've used AdAware in Safe Mode and cleaned over 100
problems.

| I'll eventually get to the bottom of this but my point is
AVG did
| nothing to protect my PC and continues to do nothing to
fix it.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: What good is virus detection....
    ... infect your PC without you going anywhere, just sitting on the net. ... > infect my PC but AVG and AdAware have been ZERO benefit. ... > I've used AdAware in Safe Mode and cleaned over 100 problems. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • HELP...Elves must have messed up my OE during the night
    ... Alarm, DSL 1000-something with a internal modem w. ... but not lately...because they were copying my HD folders backward, ... I had run AdAware yesterday...only 4 items ... indicated my AVG was not detected, but its evident that the URL for Grisoft ...
  • Re: HELP!!
    ... >>then try AdAware 6 which will usually remove trojans. ... >>try AVG anti virus if AdAware finds nothing. ... Many viruses disable your anti virus software. ... mode and try running Norton from there. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Google Bug ?
    ... Which Adaware are you speaking of? ... > of the files I get a reading error with when AVG scans. ... >> Your problem is the Xoftspy application, that program is known to delete ... If i do a google search, it is only on the third attempt that i ...
  • Re: What good is virus detection....
    ... "Also Please do NOT post a valid link to a site you believe ... | If AdAware cleaned it, it is unlikely AVG could since AdAware goes after | spyware and AVG goes after viruses. ... |> I got off the page immediately however, not only did that simple visit |> infect my PC but AVG and AdAware have been ZERO benefit. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)