hijacked laptop?

From: irme (martin4421not_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 04/21/05

Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 20:01:58 -0400

   Hi All
    Need some help. I have a laptop, that when I connect to the internet, it
just keeps sending. The browser doesn't have to be open at all. When it is I
can't really open anything, its all sending, not downloading. It's a Compaq
Presario 2100 running windows XP, and using Internet Explorer 6. Is this
some sort of virus? This has happened on different connections (DSL,
Dialup)
              Thanks for any ideas

Relevant Pages

  • Re: page cannot be displayed
    ... Operating system can access the Internet via DSL Modem but not your laptop ... Cable) or does the Desktop have a Wireless Adapter? ... Similarly how are you connecting the Laptop to the Internet? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: page cannot be displayed
    ... Operating system can access the Internet via DSL Modem but not your laptop ... Similarly how are you connecting the Laptop to the Internet? ... Connection Wizard) Next>Internet>Setup my connection ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Wireless Router hookup HELP
    ... I have been using my local telephone company's DSL for my internet ... I have recently bought a new laptop for the office and at ... I bought a Linksys Wireless B Broadband Router so that I ...
  • Re: Win98 und DSL
    ... >> den Router, und pings auf ihn und auf den Laptop ... >> DSL aufgerufen werden soll, ... >Was passier wenn Du ne IP aus dem Internet anpingst? ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.win98.allgemein)
  • Re: Wireless Router hookup HELP
    ... I have recently bought a new laptop for the office and at ... I bought a Linksys Wireless B Broadband Router so that I ... share my home DSL with my laptop. ... It seems that the internet cable provided by my provider ...