Re: Which Norton to use

From: optikl (optikl_at_com_invalid_cast.net)
Date: 04/19/05

Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 06:53:11 -0500

Bill Leed wrote:
> I have Norton Internet Security on my computer. I also have Norton
> SystemWorks that I could use. Is it possible to install SystemWorks also
> (over the Internet Security)? There are features in the Internet Security
> that are not found in SystemWorks, such as a firewall, AntiSpam (which is
> integrated with Outlook).

You can do a custom install of system works, just installing those items
which are not in NIS. My question is, with the exception possibly of
Norton Ghost, what's in SystemWorks you would want?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Musicmatch 10.0 installation problems
    ... I then run Norton and then removes the shortcuts that don't work anymore. ... I then try the install in one of the two ways mentioned above. ... I have disabled the Norton Antivirus and Norton Internet Security. ... Unless the Microsoft download center has suffered a meltdown, it appears that something strange is happening. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.music)
  • Re: ActiveX and Javascript acting differently than Security settings
    ... double-clicked" with Norton AntiSpam 2005 and Norton Internet Security 2003 ... If you install Norton AntiSpam 2005, ... >> online virus scanners because they all use ActiveX. ...
  • Re: slow processing after WIN XP SP2 install
    ... >From my experience Norton Internet Security was the problem - it uses too ... I switched to Avast AV and use Windows XP ... I think these internet security programs are just getting too top ... install directly over a fresh install of Windows XP Home Edition. ...
  • Re: 2 hours to log in :-( Help!
    ... Norton Internet Security, which contains Anti-virus, ... >hit by spyware programs I decided to install Norton ...
  • 2 hours to log in :-( Help!
    ... >hit by spyware programs I decided to install Norton ... >Internet Security 2003. ... >install when the computer stopped responding. ... I got straight in and ran a virus scan as Norton ...