Re: sayclub

From: Bigbruva (Richardh_at_dontusethis.ws)
Date: 04/12/05

Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 09:43:57 -0700

The chances are your email account is being used by a spammer to send spam.
There is really nothing you can do about this at the moment (other than
report it to your ISP)
Once the spam bounces it is returned to you :-(

Once we get a universal authenticated email system (don't hold your breath)
this type of thing will become much harder.
However, until then you can only hope the spammer is caught and shutdown
sooner rather than later.

BB

"JS" <sivwrong@nospam.ultravision.net> wrote in message
> I'v been getting LOTS of spam with attachments for quite some time now
> from xxxx@sayclub.com Anyone know anything about this? It's one of those
> "delivery failures" type emails and I have it directed into my deleted
> folder, but it has been going on for so long now, I kind of wonder about
> it. Anyone??

Relevant Pages

  • Re: OT--spam problem
    ... that every time a spammer uses some other victim's address in his FROM: ... that victim gets one of your C/R bounce ... majority of spam I get is from bots and have random generated "names". ... I have one email account that I couldnt "protect" with Spamarrest and I ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: Spam to list participants (from openhosting.com & softcom.com)
    ... But what's more interesting, is my spam messages didn't contain any links to go somewhere else, although I'm sure if I replied, those links would be on their way. ... I have identified the spammer in question, a citizen of Bangladesh, ... who _post_ to various FreeBSD mailing lists, and not to any of the ... In making a determination as to wether or not a given hosting provider ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: block_ssh_guessers
    ... zombies on wide bandwidth hookups - such as windoze boxes on ... titled "A day in the life of a spammer" (don't know if it's still at ... indicating that was a main mechanism for _mail_ delivery of spam. ... means following the registrations of the sites being advertised. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: recommendations of natural anti inflammatories please
    ... there isn't any misunderstanding, you are spamming here, and in the ... never said you were chris - i showed who the owners of the spam ... spammer by any name is still a spammer... ... I am part of the sales and support staff of the Emu Farm and our ...
    (alt.support.arthritis)
  • Re: FA: Vintage stuff up for auction UK - loads more next week
    ... (Berlin Uni) ... So, some lazy, clueless buffoon puts up a simplified definition ... and you see that as a license to spam. ... odd years military service but none ever mentioned spammer. ...
    (sci.electronics.components)