Re: WIN32/Parite Virus

From: Zvi Netiv (support_at_replace_with_domain.com)
Date: 04/09/05

    Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2005 10:47:41 +0300

    "Parite Stuck" <PariteStuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    > Richard Urban
    > Thanks so much for you reply -- last wekk, I had to restore my computer
    > (trying to load hp mf printer software). I only use AVG and have been quite
    > successful until this past week. This virus may be old but for whatever
    > reason it did not show up until my restore.

    Typical to infection from remote, through an open share. Anti virus are blind
    to these.

    > During the AVG virus scan, a
    > worm (Agobot 50.AP) also came up.
    > Should I just delete all infected files?

    Both Parite and Agobot propagate through open or weakly protected shares.

    Having them both indicates sloppy network security. You'll get reinfected time
    and again unless you take care of that vulnerability.

    Regards, Zvi

    --
    NetZ Computing Ltd. ISRAEL www.invircible.com www.ivi.co.il (Hebrew)
    InVircible Virus Defense Solutions, ResQ and Data Recovery Utilities

    • Re: W32.Spybot.Worm
      ... I was able to rename the _Restore folder by ... there....I then had to perform a free virus scan at ... Trend Micro detected 7 infected files. ... by DUMARU when it infects a computer. ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)
    • Swen gets through anti-virus software
      ... Norton anti-virus running in the background, ... of virus definitions, plus Spybot an Ad-Aware. ... infected files, ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)
    • Re: Continued - Help Re: VBS.Redlof.A.
      ... "Anima" wrote in message ... The warning of the virus was unlike the usual NAV ... > window that pops up when it catches a virus in an email ... > scan that the infected files were found. ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)
    • Re: Continued - Help Re: VBS.Redlof.A.
      ... computer problems is that they give us an opportunity to ... I just ran another NAV scan and it came out clean. ... The warning of the virus was unlike the usual NAV ... >> scan that the infected files were found. ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)
    • Outlook Express: How to Open a .dbx File to Delete a Message
      ... Edition v7.2 and it found 15 viruses and 55 infected files on my PC. ... It reported back that it found the virus Joke.Stupen.B (dropped on my PC via ... funny or not funny is not the point. ... how do I access the .dbx file? ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)