Re: Farmmext.exe & lrvetji.exe - Viruses?

From: me_siyer (mesiyer_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 04/02/05

    Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 19:59:06 -0800

    Hi, thanks for your help. In fact, soon after posting my querry I browsed
    thru Cnet to find out info on "Webroot Spy Sweeper". I just downloaded this
    software and got rid of these two viruses/trojans. Webroot Spy Sweeper seem
    to be an excellent stuff to get rid of most of the adwares. In fact my PC
    contained about 35 different strings pertaining to adware.

    "David H. Lipman" wrote:
    However, thanks for your quick response.

    > Dump the contents of the IE Temporary Internet Folder cache (TIF)
    >
    > start --> settings --> control panel --> internet options --> delete files
    >

    > 1) Download the following three items...
    >
    > Trend Sysclean Package
    > http://www.trendmicro.com/download/dcs.asp
    >
    > Latest Trend Pattern File.
    > http://www.trendmicro.com/download/pattern.asp
    >
    > Adaware SE (free personal version v1.05)
    > http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    >
    > Trend Sysclean Method 1
    > ---------------------------------------
    > Create a directory.
    > On drive "C:\"
    > (e.g., "c:\sysclean")
    >
    > Download SYSCLEAN.COM and place it in that directory.
    > Download the signature files (pattern files) by obtaining the ZIP file.
    > For example; lpt524.zip
    >
    > Extract the contents of the ZIP file and place the contents in the same directory as
    > SYSCLEAN.COM.
    >
    > Trend Sysclean Method 2
    > ---------------------------------------
    > The utility SYSCLEAN_FE in "Procedure F" at the following URL
    > http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm automates the download and execution process of the
    > Trend Sysclean Package.
    >

    > 2) Update Adaware with the latest definitions.
    > 3) Reboot your PC into Safe Mode
    > 4) Using both the Trend Sysclean utility and Adaware, perform a Full Scan of your
    > platform and clean/delete any infectors/parasites found.
    > (a few cycles may be needed)
    > 5) Restart your PC and perform a "final" Full Scan of your platform using both the
    > Trend Sysclean utility and Adaware
    >
    > * * Please report your results ! * *
    >

    > --
    > Dave
    > http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

    • Re: Farmmext.exe & lrvetji.exe - Viruses?
      ... Trend Sysclean Method 1 ... Download SYSCLEAN.COM and place it in that directory. ... Update Adaware with the latest definitions. ... Using both the Trend Sysclean utility and Adaware, perform a Full Scan of your ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)
    • Re: Possible Trojan/Worm
      ... | On my main XP Home PC, which is providing Internet access to another PC ... | trying again, which eventually means XP reaches it's port limit, gives ... Download TrendMicro Sysclean by other of the following 2 methods ... Trend Sysclean Package ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)
    • Re: Desparate for help!!!!!!
      ... | possible as some of the sites I am working with require IE6. ... Other javascripts work just fine. ... Trend Sysclean Package ... Download SYSCLEAN.COM and place it in that directory. ...
      (alt.computer.security)
    • Re: Virus problem
      ... | screen a open file security warning comes up about a file called svhost.exe. ... What can I do to clear the virus off my machine? ... Trend Sysclean Package ... Download SYSCLEAN.COM and place it in that directory. ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)
    • Re: Generic Backdoor.t virus... Cant get rid of it....
      ... | Backdoor.t" virus. ... | trying to infect our machines? ... Trend Sysclean Package ... Download SYSCLEAN.COM and place it in that directory. ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)