Re: Trojan - Poebot.Explorer

From: Pike (stevenospam_at_rac4sql.net)
Date: 04/01/05

    Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 13:23:43 -0500

    Thank you.
    Giant is reviewing the log files I sent them.I'll post back
    when I hear from them.

    Steve

    > In news:OqpLBntNFHA.3772@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
    > Pike <stevenospam@rac4sql.net> had this to say:

    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> Giant Anti-Spyware (must be similar to MS beta,they bought company)
    >> has picked
    >> up this trojan but only when connected to AOL.It points to the AOL
    >> 'server.lock' file.
    >> Giant cannot seem to quarantine nor remove this thing.
    >> It is not picked up by Ad-Aware pro,Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal
    >> Pro,Macafee anti-virus.The file was also submitted to
    >> scan<at>virustotal.com without finding anything using a number of
    >> systems.
    >> Anyone have any knowledge of this trojan and how to permanently
    >> remove it.
    >> Thanks in advance for any help
    >>
    >> Wxp/sp2 with latest security updates.
    >
    > It could also be a false positive?
    >
    > For future reference there have been newsgroups setup specifically for the
    > Microsoft Anti-Spyware beta:
    >

    > Support for Beta of Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware
    >
    > At this time, support for the beta version of Microsoft Windows
    > AntiSpyware is being provided through the following Microsoft
    > newsgroups:
    > - microsoft.private.security.spyware.announcements
    > - microsoft.private.security.spyware.appcompat
    > - microsoft.private.security.spyware.general
    > - microsoft.private.security.spyware.install
    > - microsoft.private.security.spyware.networking
    > - microsoft.private.security.spyware.signatures
    > - microsoft.private.security.spyware.onlinecommunity
    >
    > These newsgroups can be accessed via NNTP or HTTP.
    >
    > To access these newsgroups using HTTP, please go to the following
    > location:
    > http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?ICP=spyware&sLCID=us
    >
    > To access these newsgroups using NNTP, please use the following
    > information for your NNTP client (such as Microsoft Outlook Express):
    > - NNTP Server: privatenews.microsoft.com
    > - Account name: privatenews\spyware
    > - Password: spyware
    >
    > NOTE: No password will be required via the HTTP link
    >
    > Galen
    > --
    > Signature changed for a moment of silence.
    > Rest well Alex and we'll see you on the other side.

    • attn: lesya - highly terrific active newsgroups - on - (1/1)
      ... I love the newsgroups? ... One thing I love about them, they don't keep log files of the news I read or files I download. ... I oy ivgo inda uc ohmi i isyoguffiv, zuj ni sak hasfu cat pi nabtutognif rij! ...
      (de.rec.alpinismus)
    • attn: lesli - natural news - al peh vuhzo - (1/1)
      ... I love the newsgroups? ... One thing I love about them, they don't keep log files of the news I read or files I download. ... Jim sobli mozgo ri fogkezitdir hem tavle belvi runbu, ...
      (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc)
    • attn: vivienne - very groovy postings - pehko luyjo - (1/1)
      ... I love the newsgroups? ... One thing I love about them, they don't keep log files of the news I read or files I download. ...
      (comp.lang.clarion)
    • for vinni: genuinely wondrous music - focgu - (1/1)
      ... I love the newsgroups? ... One thing I love about them, they don't keep log files of the news I read or files I download. ... They offer some of the best premium newsgroup access anywhere. ...
      (alt.os.linux)
    • RE: Active Sync Support Code 85010014
      ... understand that the newsgroups are staffed weekdays by Microsoft Support ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... Please find attached the log files as request. ... Activesync logs, IIS logs. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)