Re: New Virus/Worm

From: Colin (Colin_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 03/15/05

Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 22:05:03 -0800

Ian,

My pop-up blocker has stopped a popup on this website

do you know what it is trying to do.
Colin

"Ian JP Kenefick" wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 20:45:02 -0800, "Colin"
> <Colin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Ian,
> >
> >we have no problem stopping the process and deleting the all the wmpa36d
> >entries of which there are several. it seems to fix the problem until the
> >next day and it re-appears in the registry and task manager.
> >
> >none of the anti-virus scanners we use (nortons and mcafee) have detected
> >anything.
> >
> >I have reported it to the symantec security center.
> >
> >Colin
>
> You can stop and delete the processes but if they are re-appearing you
> are not disinfecting your computer properly. Please try and run
> procedure a on my website as mentioned and report back the results.
> You may also wish to send the wmpa36d.exe to scan[at]virustotal.com
> with subject 'SCAN' without the inverted commas. This will give
> analysis from multiple engines on it's reply. This malware is not new
> though. There is already one case reported on the 10th. I get this
> info from Google.
>
> 1. Do the scan using procedure a
> 2. send the file for analysis at virustotal
>
> Report back.
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Ian Kenefick
> Got a virus?
> Go to www.ik-cs.com > 'Got a virus?'

Relevant Pages

  • Re: PLs same tired old lies and evasions...
    ... Your website is just a compendium of all the desperate lies that you ... you falsely claim that a report you cited amounted to a "UN ...
    (soc.culture.cuba)
  • Re: Genealogy database
    ... Evi, I don't want ... a family tree program. ... Taylor) and produce a Report to show the results. ... But this is reasonable to use for my own use rather than on a website. ...
  • Shaved monkeys working overtime at PayPal
    ... Subject: Protections/Privacy/Security ... Our fraud prevention team is working to disable any website linked to this ... PayPal account and change your password, as well as your security questions ... Click "Report a Problem." ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • I think I know what to do.
    ... Make sure the 'Format' tab is selected in the Properties window. ... >> One of the fields is the website, ... The Report shows everything, by subject or category, and the user is ... > scroll thru ONE record at a time, not see the results of a search by subject. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)
  • Re: Important results from Garden BirdWatch
    ... From the Independent website ... Birds, the Birdcare Standards Association, the British Veterinary ... to their gardens? ... Why don't you read the report? ...
    (uk.environment.conservation)