Re: New Virus/Worm

From: Ian JP Kenefick (
Date: 03/15/05

    Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 05:05:19 +0000

    On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 20:45:02 -0800, "Colin"
    <> wrote:

    >we have no problem stopping the process and deleting the all the wmpa36d
    >entries of which there are several. it seems to fix the problem until the
    >next day and it re-appears in the registry and task manager.
    >none of the anti-virus scanners we use (nortons and mcafee) have detected
    >I have reported it to the symantec security center.

    You can stop and delete the processes but if they are re-appearing you
    are not disinfecting your computer properly. Please try and run
    procedure a on my website as mentioned and report back the results.
    You may also wish to send the wmpa36d.exe to scan[at]
    with subject 'SCAN' without the inverted commas. This will give
    analysis from multiple engines on it's reply. This malware is not new
    though. There is already one case reported on the 10th. I get this
    info from Google.

    1. Do the scan using procedure a
    2. send the file for analysis at virustotal

    Report back.

    Ian Kenefick
    Got a virus?
    Go to > 'Got a virus?'