Re: MrxSmb Event ID 3019 and event ID 11708

From: Jeff (Jeff_at_nospam.com)
Date: 03/12/05

    Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 19:26:39 +0900

    Hi,
    Thank you for the link. I have seen that one and didn't resolve the
    problem. Will keep looking though.

    Jeff

    "Catamount" <NoSPamminme@home.com> wrote in message
    > jeffrey wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Having a problem installing Symantec antivirus Corporate editon 9.02 on
    >> one computer, all the rest went fine. We install the software from the
    >> AV server using the client install. The install goes through all the
    >> screens and even has a finish, but nothing is installed. Looking at the
    >> event logs I can find MrxSmb event ID 3019 and also an event ID 11708.
    >> Searching with google didn`t come up with anything useful.
    >>
    >> I previously had Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 8.02 on the
    >> computer. Before uninstalling it, I did a spyware scan with Ad-aware SE
    >> and Spybot S&D. I removed some spyware, rebooted, unistalled the AV
    >> 8.02, rebooted then tried to install the AV 9.02, but no success. I
    >> searched through the registry for any nortons or symantec entries, I
    >> have cleaned out all the cache on the computer. I`m completely
    >> stumped. Hope someone out there can give me an idea on what to try to
    >> do. THank you.
    >>
    >> Jeff
    > http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=3019&eventno=149&source=MRxSmb&phase=1

    • Re: SP-2 update destroys HD
      ... SP2 doesn't install automatically. ... install will commence, Jeff. ... I suggest she re-renable Automatic Updates and then customize it to suit her ... > It is not an old laptop: merely 2.5 years old and widely sold. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Linux vs ... TEST ...
      ... Jeff Hyman ... |>> so you install that. ... |>> package, from packages otherwise it has to compile Ruby, and some ... | and TYPE in the BASIC program and then run it. ...
      (comp.unix.sco.misc)
    • Re: Microsoft secret folders?
      ... I did not install "I am big ... Jeff Williams ... > 'I am big brother' by any chance? ... >> John Barnett MVP wrote: ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • [Fwd: Re: Accessing software programs from disk]
      ... Ooops, my apologies, Jeff ... the only things inside the file folders are more file folders, ... Office, because it's on the first disk, and Synaptic offered it to me. ... You should be able to search and install apps from there. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: KB867801 Problem
      ... And just how did 867801 affect your laptop for 3 weeks when it was released ... three days ago, Jeff? ... > etc and when I try to uninstall, it is not listed in the add/remove ... >>> Unfortunately since this install whenever I attempt to ...