Re: liveupdate not installing updates correctly

From: Jupiter Jones [MVP] (jones_jupiter_at_hotnomail.com)
Date: 03/02/05

Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 17:04:32 -0700

Gordon;
See if this helps:
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/sharedtech.nsf/7e7f15291a25d938882567e50048a048/5b5a18c52797afa488256dad005f3c57?OpenDocument&prod=Norton%20Internet%20Security&ver=2004%20for%20Windows%2098/Me/2000/XP&src=sg&pcode=nis&svy=&csm=no

Otherwise your solution may be here:
http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/nis/nis_2004_tasks.html

Otherwise try uninstalling NIS completely then reinstalling.

--
Jupiter Jones  [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
"Gordon Irvine" <irvinegj@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> Sorry, I meant Norton Internet Security 2004 Professional Edition's live
> update. It has worked fine several times over and this issue has just
> started recently.
>
> The pc has service pack 2 and all recent updates installed.
>
> Cheers,
> Gordon
>
> "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> wrote in message
>> Gordon;
>> Start here:
>> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/needagain.htm
>>
>> --
>> Jupiter Jones  [MVP]
>> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
>>

>> "Gordon Irvine" <irvinegj@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
>> > Hi everyone,
>> >
>> > I have run live update several times now it always states the same
> update
>> > is
>> > available to install and proceeds to install it. It gets to the usual
>> > finish
>> > screen where you click next/finished or whatever.
>> >
>> > However when you run it next time it still has the saem update to
> install.
>> >
>> > Any ideas??
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> > Gordon

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Office 2003 OEM Transfer
    ... I installed the OEM software on one computer and have used that computer for three years now. ... In fact, due to the 120 days feature, you can install an OEM copy of Office 2003 on more than one computer without any problems. ... Had I gone the speed limit, I would have had to put up with everyone honking at me for going too slow, except, of course pure, lily white Gordon. ... And if you knew what went into making laws and Texas sausage, you wouldn't have anything to do with either one. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: Uninstalling XP but...
    ... but I'd have to agree with Gordon. ... ME, in many people's opinions, is ... I personally refuse to install it ... > then you should find an uninstall option in Control Panel-Add and Remove ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: how many computers can I install Office onto?
    ... "Gordon" wrote: ... > "General License Grant to Install and Use Software Product. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: Dual-Boot XP Pro 32-bit & XP Pro x64 / MS Office Pro 2007 License
    ... Gordon wrote: ... I still would like to install it on a portable unit for field work and am ... A hardware partition or blade is considered to be a separate device. ...