Re: anti-virus program that can handle a cyrix cpu

From: Rattleon (rattle_at_overhere.iam)
Date: 02/26/05

Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 11:09:24 -0500

It happens because Norton Products are JUNK, that's why.
Dump norton and get a good program to use.

> ClamWin -
> http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/clamwin/clamwin-0.37.3-setup.exe?download -
> FREE
>
> AVAST -
>
> AntiVir -
> http://www.free-av.com/ - FREE
>
> AVG -
> http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5 - FREE
>
> CA eTrust -
> http://www.my-etrust.com/microsoft/index.cfm - FREE for one year.
> { Free offer ends 8/1/05 }
>

> I strongly suggest the CA eTrust software.
>

> --
> Dave
>

> "zara" <mazxara@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> | Recently I downloaded the norton anti-virus program but got
> | an error message on installing that said it could not be used
> | with our cyrix cpu.
> |
> | Anyone know why that is and, are there any good anti-virus
> | programs that will function with our cpu? I tried the avp
> | program but it seemed to mess up our system.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: BestBuy Deal?
    ... might have been a lot less severe were the Norton anti-virus program ... software vendors, hardware vendors, support staff. ... I would not recommend Norton Internet Security or Norton 360. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: BestBuy Deal?
    ... might have been a lot less severe were the Norton anti-virus program ... software vendors, hardware vendors, support staff. ... I've said it somewhere, earlier, that later versions of the Norton ... I would not recommend Norton Internet Security or Norton 360. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)