Re: Java virus???

From: David H. Lipman (DLipman~nospam~_at_Verizon.Net)
Date: 02/25/05

Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 20:18:33 -0500

"Old Geaser" <old.geaser1@verizon.net> wrote in message news:KUtTd.46232$uc.9659@trnddc03
| Hi Dave,
|
| I think I may have to delete XP ,reformat and reinstall. When I try to do #
| 1 I have a problem. I get to the delete files and a box comes up called
| RUNDLL, it says an exception accured, c:\windows\system 32\ shell32.dll\
| control_rundll. I then went to System Tools, Disk cleanup. When I try
| to run disk cleanup, I get a flag saying disk cleanup manager has a problem,
| and to tell microsoft about the problem.

Well you shouldn't have to reformat for a Java Trojan such as the Java/Byteverify but if you
are having all those other problems -- Your OS sounds corrupted.

  • Re: re-formatting....arrrggghhh
    ... I would certainly rather NOT have to reformat if I don't have to. ... restore all your data backups, you have to reinstall all your programs, you ... Windows and all your apps to work the way you're comfortable with. ... substitute for troubleshooting; it should be a last resort, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Do you consider this software licensing practice ethical? I am furious!
    ... in question before a reformat, ensuring an activation is not used. ... reinstall on a different partition on the same drive ... install and activate as one user profile, ... Reinstall Windows using the same Windows key without reformatting ...
    (misc.consumers)
  • Reformatting Windows XP
    ... reformat will wipe all data and programmes. ... Windows should then reinstall itself and you then ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Disabling auto-logon or forcing password entry at startup
    ... I would just reformat the machine and reinstall my OS and application. ... Personally, even if I bought a machine from Dell, I still reformat the HDD ... auto-logon mode for a user other than Administrator and when it completes ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Reinstall or reformat?
    ... reformat and reinstall every six months." ... 2000, Windows XP, and Now Windows Vista, each for the period of time ... Some tech support folks have told me that MS recommends reformat ... Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience ...