Re: security virus

From: David H. Lipman (DLipman~nospam~_at_Verizon.Net)
Date: 02/20/05

    Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 17:53:31 -0500

    You are saying Trend Sysclean did not work ?

    Try the following...

    McAfee Security - FreeScan
    http://www.mcafee.com/myapps/mfs/default.asp

    Panda ActiveScan - Free online scanner

    Computer Associates:

    DialogueScience:
    http://www.antivir.ru/english/www_av/

    F-Secure:
    http://support.f-secure.com/enu/home/ols.shtml

    BitDefender
    http://www.bitdefender.com/scan/license.php

    Freedom Online scanner
    http://www.freedom.net/viruscenter/index.html

    "sunshine" <sunshine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | Sorry jopa66, your suggestion did not work, and neither did lipman's.
    | anyone else with suggestions would be appreciated.
    |
    | "jopa66" wrote:
    |
    | > "a-squared (aČ) is a complementary product to antivirus software and desktop
    | > firewalls on MS Windows computers. Antivirus software specializes in
    | > detecting classic viruses. Many available products have weaknesses in
    | > detecting other malicious software (Malware) like Trojans, Dialers, Worms
    | > and Spyware (Adware). aČ fills the gap that malware writers exploit."
    | >
    | > Today, we need an arsenal of tools to combat malware. The Anti-Trojan
    | > scanner mentioned above should solve your current problem.
    | > TrojanDownloader.Win32.Stubby.a is in their database. There is a FREE
    | > version and has many other features that may be of interest.
    | >
    | > http://www.emsisoft.com/en/
    | >

    | > --
    | > ~john  aka: jopa
    | >

    | > sunshine wrote:
    | > > i have a trojan downloader stubby A on my computer, can anyone suggest
    | > > ways of ridding my computer of this.  I have tried anti virus but they do
    | > > not remove it, and i have tried the tojan adware removal procedure, they
    | > > did not work.  Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated thanks.

    • Re: Multiple anti-virus applications?
      ... I'd never allow an online scanner to scan the entire system for active ... malware, for two reasons: ... it's supposed to look for malware patterns. ... In fact, how do you know you are actually at the online scanning site, ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)
    • Re: Strange behaviour - some text and e-mails disappeared
      ... you can rely on the scanner detecting everything ... malware manages to disable or confound it. ... it's not known to the scanner vendor, ... new" replacement for itself before the online scanner finds and fixes ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)
    • Re: Strange behaviour - some text and e-mails disappeared
      ... malware manages to disable or confound it. ... it's not known to the scanner vendor, ... new" replacement for itself before the online scanner finds and fixes ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)
    • Re: i havi have a virus on mye a virus on my computer but i dont know what it is.
      ... the virus also disables the windows audio survice, ... Symantec AntiVirus ... (Free Online Scanner: http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/) ...
    • Re: System Too Slow
      ... AntiVirus to clean my system and NO viruses were found. ... AdAware and Spybot Search and Destroy are both quaility products and ... Kaspersky Online Scanner http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)