Beta Version MS Anti-Spyware problem

From: Roberto (Roberto_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 02/20/05

Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 14:45:02 -0800

Lots of Ad and Spyware problems lately. I downloaded and installed the Beta
version of MS Anti-Spyware and ran the first scan. On computer re-start I had
lost my ability to connect to the internet via my DSL line. The first hint of
this was that my Symantec Norton antivirus 2005 put in an error message on
restart that said, "Email proxy cannot scan your email messages because your
network is not properly configured." If I tried to sign onto Explorer I got
a sign in failure via Cisco Systems VPN direct closing down. I could not sign
in on AOL and got the message. "VPN server unreachable or unavailable." I
figure the Beta Version upset the normal configuration, but couldn't figure
out how to fix it. I did a system restore, got back to normal function, but
of course without the Beta Version operating.
Any thoughts? Thanks, Roberto

--
Roberto