Re: security virus

From: sunshine (sunshine_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 02/20/05

Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 14:39:01 -0800

Sorry jopa66, your suggestion did not work, and neither did lipman's.
anyone else with suggestions would be appreciated.

"jopa66" wrote:

> "a-squared (a²) is a complementary product to antivirus software and desktop
> firewalls on MS Windows computers. Antivirus software specializes in
> detecting classic viruses. Many available products have weaknesses in
> detecting other malicious software (Malware) like Trojans, Dialers, Worms
> and Spyware (Adware). a² fills the gap that malware writers exploit."
>
> Today, we need an arsenal of tools to combat malware. The Anti-Trojan
> scanner mentioned above should solve your current problem.
> TrojanDownloader.Win32.Stubby.a is in their database. There is a FREE
> version and has many other features that may be of interest.
>
> http://www.emsisoft.com/en/
>

> --
> ~john aka: jopa
>

> sunshine wrote:
> > i have a trojan downloader stubby A on my computer, can anyone suggest
> > ways of ridding my computer of this. I have tried anti virus but they do
> > not remove it, and i have tried the tojan adware removal procedure, they
> > did not work. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • OT to ??cel... : Re: Clicking "C:" now asks for program
    ... I recommend downloading and installing ... Is one of your choices to open the folder with Windows ... Pursuing another suggestion I did run AdAware Full Scan. ... read the beginner's page on malware ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: inactive and active screens
    ... I will try your last suggestion. ... the start up through msconfig. ... >> I don't have malware. ... > how to deal with this malware problem. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close
    ... In addition to changing my IE setting to prevent downloads of third party ... BHO's (a suggestion I found in this group), I also reduced my privacy setting ... Do a thorough check for malware, following all of the steps at one of these ... Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM ...
  • Re: slow launch
    ... The suggestion is not only extremely dumb, ... Slow boot is generally due to either service time outs or malware ... For Malware detection/removal I'd recommend Malwarebytes. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)