Re: Hard Drive Dilema

From: Mike Hall \(MS-MVP\) (mike.hall.mail_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: 02/16/05

Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 09:47:30 -0500

Malke

I had two Maxtor 40gbs crap out in three weeks, but sssssshhhhhhhhhhh..
don't let anybody else know that..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user
"Malke" <malke@nospoonnotreally.com> wrote in message
> DigitalBIOS wrote:
>
>>    Hello Mr. Hall,
>>  Im giving a bit of optimism towards the drive itself since the
>>  owner's pc
>> is just over 3 months old.  All the knowledge that I've gathered,
>> including the vasts amounts of information that I already know, tell
>> me that the source
>> of the hard drive's misfit roams in the boot sector.  It just wont
>> pass through my mind that such a new device could already be (as you
>> put it)
>> "crapped out".  I never really trusted Western Digital HDDs...not that
>
> (snip)
>
> Well, I'm sure we'll all be very interested to hear the end of the saga.
> However, in the "vasts amounts of information" (sic) that you already
> know, you surely know that the newness of the hardware has absolutely
> nothing to do with whether it has failed. In fact, if hardware is
> faulty it will generally fail within the first few months of use.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Malke
> --
> MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Hard Drive Dilema
    ... Mike Hall ... MVP - Windows Shell/user ... "DigitalBIOS" wrote in message ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: msconfig
    ... MVP - Windows Shell/user ... Wesley, though i have never met him, seems to be a very ... >>> Mike Hall ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • Re: microsoft antispyware
    ... Hence the need to uninstall the old one to make way for the new.. ... MVP - Windows Shell/User ... >> Mike Hall ...
  • Re: opening recovered office files ?
    ... Mike Hall ... MVP - Windows Shell/User ... > files from his ntfs partition (using a commercial tool), ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: Copy XP to new drive - is xxcopy alright?
    ... Mike Hall ... MVP - Windows Shell/User ... > Those other folks are cluelesss...XCOPY will copy over to another hd ALL ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)