Re: zjjvu.exe problem

From: David H. Lipman (DLipman~nospam~_at_Verizon.Net)
Date: 02/13/05

    Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 14:25:43 -0500

    Please submit "zjjvu.exe" to Virus Total --
    http://www.virustotal.com/flash/index_en.html
    The submission will then be tested against several different AV vendor's scanners.

    Another way to submit is to send the suspect file to the following email address
    scan<at>virustotal.com
    { replace <at> with @ } with only the word SCAN as the subject.

    Please post back the EXACT results.

    "Newk" <Newk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | Hello,
    | Hope someone can help. I have this program (zjjvu.exe) in system32. I have
    | virus scanned it, I have used several spyware programs on it, I used a
    | melicious program detector on it, I have deleted several times after setting
    | folders to show hidden files. I have searched for it on every search engine
    | and virus website that I could find and all with no results. Nobody knows of
    | it, not one person that I know has it, I have four computers running in my
    | house and it is only on this one. I have also emailed anti virus sights about
    | this so they will look into it and have heard nothing back. the only good
    | thing is Zone Alarm asked if I want to let it access the internet and I am
    | able to select no. I have had this thing running up to eleven times all at
    | once in task manager proccesses at 7.8MB each. Any suggestions would be
    | appreciated before I have to format. Thanks!

    • RE: Virus Scanners
      ... Virus Scanners work both by checking for the attributes listed by steve, ... well as the checksums of the virus, the individual code made by compiling ... I have never really used Norton so I can't especially comment on the ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: some attack to fedora machine .
      ... > Running virus scans is a waste of time. ... > once with multiple antivirus scanners, rootkit scanners, use windows and ... Each and every time the invader came in through ssh. ... is no root and regular users often use weak passwords that are used to ...
      (Fedora)
    • RE: [Full-Disclosure] A worm...
      ... >> virus scanning technology needs to be kicked up a notch or two. ... > scanning of all the common compression schemes. ... Most virus scanners do, by default, scan inside archive files (at ... would also allow it pass through many corporate Email ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: zjjvu.exe Virus?
      ... I have this program in system32. ... I have searched for it on every search engine ... | and virus website that I could find and all with no results. ... | it, not one person that I know has it, I have four computers running in my ...
    • Re: Trojan Horse - popinstlite.exe
      ... The PC wouldn't boot into Safe Mode properly, ... | manually deleted the other files in the Data folder where the virus was ... I suggest using the below Multi AV scanning tool which provides scanners ... You can choose to go to each menu item and just download the needed files or you can ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)