RE: Can't 'log onto any site' Get 'Page Unavailable'

From: Lady In Need (Need_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 02/10/05

Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 17:41:03 -0800

"Lady in Need" wrote:

> Please help! Any site I try to get into that I have to log onto such as
> ebay, paypal, hotmail etc... all give me a "Page Unavailable" Couldn't even
> log in here. On my daughters comp writing this. This happened a few days
> ago. I ran House Call and it found 1 virus it removed. Then my comp was fine.
> Dell Pent 4 Running XP NO SP 2 I've tried everything. Have Norton's on
> AutoProtect. Ran House Call it showed my comp was clean. So I'm at a loss
> at to what it is. Thank you in advance!

Forgot to add... when this happend there was also something that came up on
my screen it said " Current Security Updates" When I tried to close it out
it enlarged and took over my desktop. I've tried to replace it with my
regular desktop but it always comes back out on top.

I also ran SpyBot... removed the bad... still can't access the sites. I
tried downloading FireFox to see if that browser would work. I get an error
message: "The connection was refused when attempting to contact
start.mozilla.org" Am running Ad Aware now. Any help would be greatly
appreciated. I've an online biz that's suffering. :(

Relevant Pages