Re: bloodhound virus

From: David H. Lipman (DLipman~nospam~_at_Verizon.Net)
Date: 02/05/05

Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 10:18:42 -0500

Dump the contents of the IE Temporary Internet Folder cache (TIF)

start --> settings --> control panel --> internet options --> delete files

1) If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore
2) Reboot your PC into Safe Mode and shutdown as many applications as possible
3) Using your NAV software, perform a Full Scan of your platform and clean/delete any
         infectors found
4) Restart your PC and perform a "final" Full Scan of your platform
5) If you are using WinME or WinXP,Re-enable System Restore and re-apply any
         System Restore preferences, (e.g. HD space to use suggested 200 ~ 400MB),
6) Reboot your PC.
7) If you are using WinME or WinXP, create a new Restore point

"Marcel Dias" <Marcel Dias@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| The norton antivirus get to detect, but don`t get to remove. So donīt get to
| remove handly because the  infected file is a file system. What should to do?
| Please answer-me in e-mail below. Thank you.
| marcelzfd@msn.com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: 2 explorer.exe in my task manager
    ... If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore ... Reboot your PC into Safe Mode ...
  • Re: 2 explorer.exe in my task manager
    ... If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore ... Reboot your PC into Safe Mode ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Download.Trojan
    ... If you are using WinME or WinXP, re-enable System Restore, reboot the PC ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Notepad.exe not working properly ...
    ... If you don't have c:\i386 but have the winXP CDROM, ... |> 2) If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore ... |> 3) Reboot your PC into Safe Mode ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Request for Help VBS/Redolf.a virus
    ... | 5) If you are using WinME or WinXP, re-enable System Restore, reboot the PC ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)