RE: bloodhound virus

From: Wiley C (WileyC_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 02/04/05

Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 14:41:04 -0800

Marcel:
Which version of Norton?

Which version of Windows?

Which file is infected? Not just the name, but also the location. What is
the complete path?
Don't reply with "infected.exe". We need to know the location, such as
"c:\windows\system32\infected.exe"

Please provide the information, as above.

You may also want to scan at:
www.pandasoftware.com/activescan

http://housecall.antivirus.com

http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/

http://www.kaspersky.com/scanforvirus

Record the results and post them here.

WC

"Marcel Dias" wrote:

> The norton antivirus get to detect, but don`t get to remove. So donĀ“t get to
> remove handly because the infected file is a file system. What should to do?
> Please answer-me in e-mail below. Thank you.
> marcelzfd@msn.com

Relevant Pages

  • Error on Installing program
    ... you are getting that measage is because your file system ... etc. Dos cannot work in NTFS ... sites you want like norton and down loading in a ... >16 Bit Windows Subsytem ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Did not "activate" my XP...???
    ... something that triggered Windows Product Activation ... Is it safe to write to the HD? ... Evacuate data from HD, test HD, test file system, exclude malware ... Make whatever non-HD boot disk you like; ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: NT server 4 dual booting with XP
    ... > How To Create a Multiple-Boot System in Windows XP ... > Installing Programs on More Than One Operating System ... > You can install more than one operating system on your computer and choose ... > Note that Encrypting File System is not available in the Windows XP ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.setup)
  • Re: Mount problems
    ... case on file names, even on FAT. ... looking for "bill" will match files with names such as ... Windows in most cases prohibits creating a file if the ... If, on the contrary, you delete the short name entry, the file is gone and you end up with an orphan LFN, which would be considered as a file system error. ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.openbsd.misc)
  • Re: Please Help!! Boot Failure!!
    ... Is it safe to write to the HD? ... Evacuate data from HD, test HD, test file system, exclude malware ... Windows on the host PC until you know it is safe to do so - while the ... Make whatever non-HD boot disk you like; ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)