Re: malware

From: Dodo (dodo_at_no.fly.invalid)
Date: 02/01/05

Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 15:35:52 -0600

To remove the files, you must be in safe mode and adjust folder options:
show hidden files, do not hide system files and do not hide extensions.

Malicious software usually starts up from two places: Windows startup and IE
startup. Autoruns is the most comprehensive I've seen at enumerating Windows
startup items. HijackThis is good for enumerating IE startup items and
repairing damage. Malicious BHOs must be removed.

Provide an Autoruns log configured as illustrated at http://spywareguy.com/
and a HijackThis log and I can help further.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: keyboard logger trojans
    ... The launchpoints of keyloggers are Services and startup items: ... How to manage Windows Startup?: ... Click "Hide all Microsoft services". ... try a clean install of XP: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: malware
    ... exe files in the system32 folder and so being able to delete them. ... Autoruns is the most comprehensive I've seen at enumerating ... > Windows startup items. ... HijackThis is good for enumerating IE startup items ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)