Re: McAfee Stinger updated to v2.4.9.2

From: Roger Wilco (yesman_at_yourservice.invalid)
Date: 02/01/05

Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 21:12:52 -0500

"Bigbruva" <Richardh@dontusethis.ws> wrote in message
news:e0bl6H$BFHA.2624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> So I'll put you two down as a "No" then ;-)

My point was more aimed at your "apples to oranges" comparison of those
products.

> I am an optimist and probably a bit mad, so I am going to bet MS have
> respectable malware removal tool by the end of this year. Did I just
say
> that out loud? ;-)

And I, being a pessimist, predict the app will expose privilege
escalation vulnerabilities.

If such an app becomes 'bundled' with the OS then you can bet it will be
severely scrutinized by the blackhats because of the marketshare MS has.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Apple: Computer oder Geschaeftsideen
    ... ist das nicht Apples Schuld. ... wie eine Zeitung eine App auf das iPad bringen soll. ...
    (de.comp.sys.mac.misc)
  • Re: McAfee Stinger updated to v2.4.9.2
    ... Just to be clear Roger I am comparing Apples to Apples as I am talking about ... AntiSpyware beta I believe you are referring to. ... >> respectable malware removal tool by the end of this year. ... > If such an app becomes 'bundled' with the OS then you can bet it will be ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)