Re: firewall

From: Malke (malke_at_nospoonnotreally.com)
Date: 01/30/05

    Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 19:50:12 -0800

    joe wrote:

    > I downloaded spyware beta and ran a scan, restarted my computer and my
    > firewall was disabled. Tried numerous ways to enable it w/no luck. How
    > can I enable my firewall?

    Since we don't know what operating system and Service Pack level you
    have and we also don't know what "numerous ways" means, try this:

    FIREWALL DEAD, or other network issues:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892350

    MS antispyware tool disables Windows Firewall:

    Start>Run cmd [enter]
    netsh winsock reset [enter]
    Follow prompts and reboot.

    The above fix only works on a machine that has SP2 installed. If it is
    pre-SP2, use the WinsockXPFix.exe program.

    Malke

    --
    MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
    Elephant Boy Computers