Re: firewall

From: Malke (malke_at_nospoonnotreally.com)
Date: 01/30/05

    Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 19:50:12 -0800

    joe wrote:

    > I downloaded spyware beta and ran a scan, restarted my computer and my
    > firewall was disabled. Tried numerous ways to enable it w/no luck. How
    > can I enable my firewall?

    Since we don't know what operating system and Service Pack level you
    have and we also don't know what "numerous ways" means, try this:

    FIREWALL DEAD, or other network issues:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892350

    MS antispyware tool disables Windows Firewall:

    Start>Run cmd [enter]
    netsh winsock reset [enter]
    Follow prompts and reboot.

    The above fix only works on a machine that has SP2 installed. If it is
    pre-SP2, use the WinsockXPFix.exe program.

    Malke

    --
    MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
    Elephant Boy Computers

    • >>>> DISABLE FIREWALL <<<<
      ... Disable Windows Firewall ... Remotely Disable Windows Firewall ... Disable Router Firewall Linksys ... Xp Firewall Disables On Boot ...
      (de.sci.biologie)
    • Re: Request help with browstat error
      ... >>I have done a lot of searching on the internet and usenet before posting here, ... Windows firewall disabled ... >>detect the master browser, and there is no browser conflict. ... >(assuming it disables successfully, which does happen about 1/2 the time). ...
    • Re: Request help with browstat error
      ... Windows firewall disabled ... ZoneAlarm Pro also installed, same version. ... >build of browser master: 53" error. ... (assuming it disables successfully, which does happen about 1/2 the time). ...
    • Re: Mei Chan [MSFT]
      ... Your comments about the firewall have me wondering. ... You started out in safemode w/ networking which disables most ... THIS DOES NOT WORK IN NORMAL MODE. ...
    • Re: Request help with browstat error
      ... Windows firewall disabled ... >>>detect the master browser, and there is no browser conflict. ... >>configure, or un install, the firewall, at least to diagnose the problem. ... >>(assuming it disables successfully, which does happen about 1/2 the time). ...