Re: kZObaV.exe

From: Bigbruva (Richardh_at_dontusethis.ws)
Date: 01/28/05

Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 19:03:04 -0800

You are unlikely to find a match to this file name as this looks very much
like a random file name generated to help hide the true identity of the
malware. Have you tried booting into Safe mode (press F8 during a reboot)
and doing the scans from there?

If not, try this and see if the scanners are able to remove the malware.

Let us know how you get on.

BB

"RipperT" <RipperT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello all,
> I have two instances of a running process called kZObaV.exe. The path,
> according to HijackThis, is C:\Windows\System32\kZObaV.exe. I cannot find
> it
> in that folder. Running a search does not find it. I cannot end it's
> process
> from task manager. I have updated and run: McAfee Anti-virus, Adaware,
> Spybot, CWSShredder, HijackThis and run an online virus scan,
> (TrendMicro's
> Housecall). HijackThis is the only program that found it and I attempted
> 'fix' it through HijackThis, but it just won't budge. I have deleted every
> instance of it from the registry. Its still there. Googling it returns
> nothing so I can't find any info on it. Anybody seen it before or have any
> ideas?
>
> Thanx,
>
> RipperT

Relevant Pages

  • Re: mysearchnow.com hijacking my IE
    ... CoolWebSearch (if not, then see AdAware, SpyBot, and HijackThis, below). ... Restore and then reboot your system in order to clear the malware garbage ... Be sure that you also download and install hotfix Q816093, ...
  • Re: frequent crashiing
    ... my computer is a HP laptop .And the word "crash" what I meant was computer ... Yes, it could be malware. ... > scan with HijackThis. ... > 3) If you are running Windows ME or XP, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Searching from Address Bar Stopped Working
    ... CoolWebSearch (if not, then see AdAware, SpyBot, and HijackThis, below). ... Restore and then reboot your system in order to clear the malware garbage ...
  • Re: Searching from Address Bar
    ... waiting for a reply based on my HijackThis listing. ... I suspect that you've other malware of some sort. ... >Download, UPDATE before running, and run: ... enable System Restore. ...
  • Re: Searching from Address Bar Stopped Working
    ... > CoolWebSearch (if not, then see AdAware, SpyBot, and HijackThis, below). ... > Download, UPDATE before running, and run: ... > Restore and then reboot your system in order to clear the malware garbage ...